Langtang trek is one of the most popular trekking destinations in Nepal. Trek in Langtang is frequently organized trekking package which is closer to Kathmandu and easier in comparison with other trekking routes of Nepal. Trekking in Langtang valley offers you the wonderful views of snowcapped mountains, rugged rocks, grassy lands and meadows along with dense pine forests. Langtang trek lies on the north part of Nepal or southern part of Tibet which is 147 km far from Kathmandu valley. Langtang trekking starts from Kathmandu valley and ends also at Kathmandu valley too.
Well, Langtang Trekking lets you explore the typical culture of Tamang and Sherpa people. In fact, Langtang valley has become more famous since the British mountaineer Bill Tilman described this valley as the most beautiful valley in the world. Langtang valley is also known as the valley of glaciers. This trek starts from Syabrubesi, and it takes about eight hours drive to reach there from Kathmandu. Langtang is situated just in the south of Tibetan border. From Langtang, you can have the magnificent views of prominent peaks including Langtang Lirung (7246m), Gangchhenpo (6388m), Dokpu (5930m), Naya Kangri (5846m), Yala Peak (5500m) and many others. Along with those amazing views of mountains and picturesque landscapes, we can also get a change to observe the rich biodiversity in the region. Langtang National Park has protected many endangered species of flora and fauna.
Day to day Langtang trekking itinerary
- Day 01: Arrival at Kathmandu(1400).
- Day 02: Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing.
- Day 03: Kathmandu to Syabrubesi (1420m) by road service about 9 hours.
- Day 04: Syabrubesi to Lama Hotel (2470m).
- Day 05: Lama Hotel to Langtang Village (3496m).
- Day 06: Langtang Village to Kyanjyang Gompa (3850m).
- Day 07: Exploration day around kyanjyang Gompa.
- Day 08: Trek back to Lama Hotel (2470m).
- Day 09: Lama Hotel to Syabrubesi (1420m).
- Day 10: Syabrubesi to Kathmandu (1400m).
- Day 11: Final Departure.